Sunday, September 13, 2009

We're Engaged!

Chris: I had been planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me on our 1 yr anniversary -- July 25th. Unfortunately, as with all the best laid plans, something went wrong. The ring wasn't done yet. I had this wonderful elaborate plan to take her to all our favorite and sentimental places around the City. However, the logistics didn't come together as I had intended. Chief among them, the ring I was having designed in Texas was not done and the ring designer was MIA.

So, I'm not the best at keeping surprises a secret. I just love the celebration so much! You can imagine, how hard it was for me to keep my big surprise a secret for almost an entire week until the ring arrived. Once I had the ring, I brought Gladys to "our spot" overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. I had been watching/hoping the fog would dissipate all day. The last thing I wanted was to propose to her in thick, cold, wet fog. There was thick fog as we drove on to the bridge and I was rapidly thinking of alternative sites to take my soon-to-be-fiance. Then we broke free of the fog and "our spot" up on the hill was basked in brilliant sunlight.
From the over-look, Gladys was reading my note facing the bridge. I was standing behind her waiting for the moment to get on one knee. She was nearing the end of the note and I took the ring out and knelt on the ground. Gladys turned around and within the second she knew exactly what was going on. I told her she has "made me more happy than I have ever been and that I want to continue these wonderful moments with you until the end of time." However, she didn't hear any of that as she was laughing, cry, and all-around ecstatic. Still though, through all the rush of emotion she managed to say, "Yes!" and I slipped the ring on her finger and now the beginning of our life together is underway...

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com